Where You Are....

 Life:  We never fully get to where we want to be.  We always seem to want something more even in the best of circumstances.  As the events of the month have unfolded, I am reminded by just how lucky we are.  I often times get lost in the details in life and tend to fall behind by bogging myself down with minor details.  I know that times get tough for us, we often times find ourselves in situations where we may not see an end in sight.  But looking at the recent events that have happened in the world so far, I can comfortably say that if you are reading this, than you are quite lucky.  I do not know what you are going through and I am just a guy on the internet that is typing a bunch of nonsense, but I do know that life is what we make of it.  Often times when I feel down or feel like my dreams may never come to pass and the hope starts to leave, I listen to this (warning, if you are offended by language, then don't listen.):  Little Miss Sunshine.  In this particular scene, the two actors are discussing the details of life and their failed attempts at finding happiness.  However a realization occurs where no matter what we do in life we are always suffering.  I KNOW that sounds bad and coming from someone who is trying to life people up, it seems counter intuitive.  HOWEVER, it is how we deal with the suffering that defines who we are in the end.  Yes suffering no matter what type sucks and it sucks hard.  But your response to the suffering can set you free.  If you learn from the suffering and then push through it, you will become stronger as a result.  I find myself looking at a current situation and not being able to see the forest through the trees, but in all actuality the suffering that I am experiencing is just making me into a better person.  I am learning that not matter what life throws at you we are at the end of the day, space dust floating out in the ether.  We are on this floating rock that is going around a burning hot star and yet everything is in place.  We do not fall off the earth, we do not burn to death because we are too close to the sun..  Everything on this planet started off perfect for life.  And in that life you were born, you were called to this place to show the world and universe for that matter just what you can do.  I know that at times the suffering seems insurmountable but accept the unacceptable and move forward.  When something doesn't go my way and or I get stuck in traffic, I could be pissed off at the world and throw my tiny fists into the air and scream at the sky about how unfair things are down here...  But I have been trying to slow down and think about the bigger picture here and realize that whatever problem I am facing that second doesnt mean anything in the grand scheme of things.  You will die, we will all die one day.  That is a fact of life weather you accept it or not.  So why not do something that makes you happy?  Why not chase that dream?  When you are on your death bed surrounded by people who love you, are you going to look up and see the ghost of dreams that never came to pass or are you going to look up and see all the great things you did in life.  We have no idea how long we have on this earth and yet we are bothered by the minute day to day nothingness.  

Find a way to fly when someone or your circumstance says other wise.  Do something in life that makes you happy.  We are here for such a short time that we give our times away like it is free...  However it is not free, it is yours.  When someone tells you that you suck, or that you cannot do something.  Just remember that at the end of the day, you are you.  Be you.  Forget the rest...  "Just remember that there are places in this world that are not made out of stone.  There is something inside, that they can't get to that they can't touch...  It's yours.  "what are you talking about".....  Hope".  That is one of my favorite quotes from the Shawshank Redemption.  At the time, Andy just got out of the hole and when he came out he was full of life.  He didn't let the circumstance of his situation break his hope.  So at the end of the day, screw it.  Be who you are, you are beautiful and you are so unique that there is no one else like you in this universe and if people can't see that or they push you away, then so be it.  Yeah it hurts at the time but that hurt wont last forever.  Be strong in the face of your feelings and circumstances and fuck the rest.  

Until next time...  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Been a While....

From the Outside